LIFE BEATS DOWN AND CRUSHES THE SOUL AND ART REMINDS YOU THAT YOU HAVE ONE. STELLA ADLER

Monday, February 21, 2011

WHATS ON MY WORK BENCH

I want to share with you what is on my work bench.
I purchased some paper last week, something I usually don't do. I loved the spring colors and of course the tattered look.
I also purchased some flowers and such. I usually don't purchase these type of items (I have made paper items from all my ephemera collection) but I thought it would be something different to use in some things I have been thinking about lately. Do you see the 24k egg kit in the back ground? I love those colors....I have an idea and I hope it will work. If it does I am going back to Price Chopper and purchase all they have!! The lunch bags are for a mini album swap I joined a few days ago. This is the first time making a mini, it has to be 6" x 6" and themed Spring. I will be sure to share when finished.
The eggs are for an egg swap I also joined. At first I committed to making one egg, but have changed my mind and will make 3.
I finished up the 10 tags for a tag swap. These are the last two. You can see the other 8 tags in this post. I also did more embellishing, I love to embellish just about anything.
I love how this tag came out. I love birds anyways...
I used a page in one of my King Korn vintage stamp collection books.
Someone has been in this tote again, wonder who does this anyways??
While preparing to go to the auction again last Saturday, I decided to take some vintage greeting cards along and my scissors. I sat for a few hours and cut out fun things. I specially love the little children.
I purchase all of my vintage greetings cards at rummage sales and yard sales. At these places these cards are basically given away.
More fun cutouts.
I think I will be using some of these and some of my new papers and such for the mini album I will be making over the next month. This all looks like Spring to me, what do you think??
I will keep you posted with my new swap items.
Thanks for stopping by.
Michele

3 comments:

very merry vintage style said...

Very nice, love all the vintage cards!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what you create with the newly bought papers! I am sure it will be a treat for the eyes.

Your 2 tags are so very sweet. I just love all of your many creations.

Something Special said...

Love your tags, Love your eggs. I hope your egg swap is the thimble- prims one, that I am involved in too. I am planning on sending 4 and I hope I get one of yours. They are beautiful.