LIFE BEATS DOWN AND CRUSHES THE SOUL AND ART REMINDS YOU THAT YOU HAVE ONE. STELLA ADLER

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

FABRIC COLLAGE SWAP

Several weeks ago I joined in on a "Winter Swap-A Mini Fabric Collage" over at
Linda is our host for the swap. You can go on over to her blog to see more collages. Thanks Linda for hosting.
Were were to make a 5" x 7" collage using fabric as the background.
We were paired up with a partner and encouraged to visit our partner so we could get to know something about her.
I learned that my swap partner Kai of Celebrating Christmas Year Round
loves to read and her favorite colors are red and pink and white.
Here is Kai's collage.
Using a hand towel I purchased at The Christmas Tree Shop.
I ripped and cut apart the towel and reassembled using the required measurements. Using the trim of the towel I sewed across the piece making a pocket.
I made a pocket so it could hold the book marks I made for Kai (she loves to read).
I embellished the collage with vintage lace, trims and a button. A tattered and torn piece of vintage tablecloth. A piece of coffee stained trim and some pink and gold pretty bling.
I inked up a vintage flower with more pink color. I finished off the book marks with pink and white ribbon and trims. I glittered the collar of the dress on the image.
I have heard from Kai, she loves her collage.
Thanks for stopping by.
Michele

8 comments:

mary k said...

This is beautiful. Love all the things you did in this collage. Very clever!!!

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

I love your thought process on this piece. Very exciting and fun. Love it, love it. The Olde Bagg, Linda

Lovey said...

Truly a gem...Such a wonderful and thoughtful collage.

Sherry said...

It's beautiful Michele, no wonder Kai loves it, I would too!

genie said...

I am in total awe of your gorgeous collage. It i absolutely magnificent. How you pulled it all together so beautifully I do not know. It is drop dead gorgeous! I adore the use of the old photograph. You are certainly one talented gal. Beautiful work!

Laurie said...

It's gorgeous and I love the colors. Lucky Kai!

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Wow, what a beautiful collage, lovely fabric, and the bookmarks pocket is a cool idea! Kai is a lucky gal!!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Nice job! I love all the thought you put into it.