LIFE BEATS DOWN AND CRUSHES THE SOUL AND ART REMINDS YOU THAT YOU HAVE ONE. STELLA ADLER

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

WHERE BLOGGERS CREATE, WELCOME TO MY SPACE

 
Hello there!
Welcome to my creative space.
I have joined up once again with Karen from "My Desert Cottage"
A big thanks to Karen for hosting this amazing event again this year...

 
 This year I am sharing with you snippets of what could possibly be my most favorite place ever......
Every time Mr. Nook and I take a trip to Maine (love, love Maine) I come back with a star fish.


This is a suitcase filled with beautiful soaps from Lakehurst Farms and beautiful antique baby clothes, collars and cuffs given to me by friends.



 
A vintage linen and doily hanging pocket that was sent to me from a swap partner.

 
I guess I am on a hoarding mission of bling.  I love my stash of bling.  Most of this is given to me from swap partners as little extras.  I also love this part of swapping.  Putting together little packages of goodies is just as fun as creating the item that is being swapped, indeed!!

 
My board of my grandbaby, fun stuff right here....

 
 
A few Halloween gifts from others.



 
If you know me you know I love birds.





This is a hanging collage I created using an image of my dad.
I have had this for many years.  I just keep adding things in and around it.
I love this....

 
A few of my arrangements are made up of past items used for parties.
Some of the parties have been; my granddaughters 1st birthday, blessing party, baby shower, etc., and just random things I think I want to stick add in there.



 
I just love displaying all of the tags,  books and other items I receive from other artists.
All work is so wonderful and deserves to be out in the open to enjoy.
Well, I hope you enjoyed snippets of my favorite place.
I find much happiness and calm in this room.
My wish for all women would be that, she could have a place all of their own, whatever that would be.
Thanks to everyone that has stopped by for a visit.
Michele

13 comments:

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Michele, Your work and designs are lovely and how special to create in such a wonderful space. Loved seeing the snippets of your favorite place. It is easy to see you love designing and collecting treasures to work with.
Thanks for sharing. I am visiting from WBC and a new follower.
Happy Creating! cm

Createology said...

Your space is very fun and lends itself to being very creative. I love how you honor the gifts and things you have received from others by not hiding them away to never be seen and enjoyed. Creative Bliss and High on Life July...

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

WOW!! I love all the wonderful goodies that you have on display!! Great organizattional ideas too!!
Thanks for sharing!!

Hugs,
Deb

Sandy said...

I love that you are a sentimental saver too! I can see why your creative space brings you such joy as you have really given it personal meaning. Adore your treasures, the collage of dad as a little boy is just wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Hi Michele! I love your little piece of heaven and peace! Lots of fun stuff to look at! I also tend to hoard bling, but I do love to use it for projects and I too love giving little packages of goodies to swap partners! Have a wonderful day my friend!

Karen Valentine said...

You have some wonderful goodies in there! I just want to reach through the computer monitor and touch them all!! Thank you so much for joining the party and sharing your happy place with all of us!
xo,
Karen

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's obvious I'm running late to the party, but I am so glad to be here now. I couldn’t miss this opportunity to see snippets of your incredible studio. I used to host a lot of swaps, so I agree that creating packets to send to participants is as much fun as making the swap item itself. And I often think, because I originally wasn't much of an altered artist, the recipient probably appreciated the goodie bag better than the swap item. Not so with you, because it looks like you make incredible altered art. Bling hoarder? That made me laugh. Aren't we all? Thanks for sharing and taking us on this journey into your lovely crafty space.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

You have a studio full of whimsical items. I'd sure like to sift through the stash of bling you have.
Happy Crafting.

My thrift store addiction said...

Hi there, I love all of your collections and how you've displayed special memories! Sweet inspiration! Blessings, Cecilia

Wilma said...

Hello Michele,

Your space is so filled with all the treasures you collected and received, very inviting !
I love how you displayed it all.
I agree, it is so wonderful to have a space of your own.
Sometimes just to sit and enjoy. Thank you for sharing !!

Thank you also for visiting my space,
and for your kind comment, Michele !

Have a great week,
Wilma, Shabby Royale.

Art and Sand said...

Beautifully creative!

I love all the tags hanging for inspiration.

Louise@ElsieMayandBertha said...

I love a room with everything on display, your things are too lovely to hide away. I try to do the same with both my supplies as well as things sent to me in swaps like you. Your room must be great for inspiration, it's beautiful and thanks for sharing.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Loving your creative space...and I can't believe I haven't been around yet this time to see all the fun spaces. Life has been TOO busy. I love having things where I can see them, instead of stashed away in drawers. You've some gorgeous little treasures in your snippet photos. (I love snippets too) Thanks for sharing them. Enjoy some fun in your lovely creative space.