LIFE BEATS DOWN AND CRUSHES THE SOUL AND ART REMINDS YOU THAT YOU HAVE ONE. STELLA ADLER

Thursday, May 23, 2013

MY FIRST LAYOUT USING PACKAGING


Here is my first layout using packaging.
Packaging what the heck you are probably asking....
At Flying Unicorn back on Saturday May 4th I joined in on National Scrapbook Day where many from the forum got together and got our mojo's on with challenges, games, contests and such.
This challenge was to use three packaging items and something made of wood.




The packaging items I used was a bubble shipping envelope, a Lundt candy package, the K&Company piece from card stock scrapbook paper pack and a cardboard coffee cup sleeve (you can see these items peeking thru if you were to look at it in person).
I laid down my packaging items on a piece of cardboard and covered with mod podge mixed with blue and green paints and blue and green glitter.  I allowed myself to just brushed it all over,  some areas thicker than others.   My thoughts were to not  worry myself to much about this part of the process, but to just do it as the instructions said.




I have two wooden items the bird house and a paint brush with a wooden handle.
I really did get carried away embellishing for I ended up covering up most of my packaging items.
I do love to embellish





  I would probably do this paint goop thing again though.

I do like how this turned out.  I am not in the future going to have a need to use any packaging again in my work, at least I don't think so, but it was a fun and different experience.
We should be willing to try different things don't you think?
Thanks for stopping by.
Michele

4 comments:

Kim Gillian said...

Michele, I love this, great job! I love the coloring.
Have a great day! Kim

Diana Seal said...

Beautiful, Michele! So much detail and pretty colors!
Have a great weekend!
Diana

Lady Locust said...

How fun! I haven't left you any messages for a while - I was trying to figure out what the green sparkly stuff over on the right was. It's 'prity.'
Smiles,
JoeyLea
http://www.thelocustblossom.blogspot.com/

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

This was fun to read and view! :)