LIFE BEATS DOWN AND CRUSHES THE SOUL AND ART REMINDS YOU THAT YOU HAVE ONE. STELLA ADLER

Saturday, January 12, 2013

OLD PAPER, INDEED!!

Some years ago I attempted to sell ephemera/paper goods on Etsy with not a lot of success however.
Not that I am bashing Etsy I am not,  but for me Etsy takes an incredable amount of time with posting, posting and re-posting, to many people trying to do the same thing I guess.
Anyhow, I do have a lot of old antique and vintage paper to say the least.  I wanted to share with you some images from some very old books I purchased at our local auction house.
You can even see the mold/stained marks on the paper.





Some day I may get around to making some collage items with my wonderful old paper.
I think I may have just inspired myself a bit...
Thanks for stopping by.
Michele

1 comment:

Lady Locust said...

They are just beautiful - if you ever get tired of looking at them, just send 'em on over:) Would be fun to see them worked into something as well. My issue is I'm too sentimental and just make copies so I can still treasure the original.
Happy Day,
JoeyLea