LIFE BEATS DOWN AND CRUSHES THE SOUL AND ART REMINDS YOU THAT YOU HAVE ONE. STELLA ADLER

Friday, November 30, 2012

CHRISTMAS GARLAND


I created six of these for a garland swap over at Vintage Dragonfly
Using an image from The Feathered Nest
Dawn is a very sharing person, she shared some fantastic holiday images.  I follow her blog and love it, you should go ahead over and have a look, you won't be disappointed.


Using the image I cut it to fit a template of card stock that has a point on the end.
I punched holes all around the pieces and crocheted all the way around with a very soft tan colored yarn.


I then embellished around each one with some beige colored vintage trim.
Sorry the pictures are not crisp (it was dark out), had to get pics taken in order to package up and mail out.


I finished off each one with three tiny pine cones and some wording from recycled holiday greeting cards.

I've been busy this week getting my holiday swap commitments wrapped up before the deadlines.
I've also been busy creating for my Lil O's birthday party that is coming up very soon.
I have more creations from that to share with you soon.
Thanks for stopping by.
Michele

7 comments:

Kim Gillian said...

Very Pretty. I received your package today!! Let me say, I Love It!! Thank you so very much! I am going to post about it this week end!
Have a wonderful week end!

jenclair said...

I love The Feathered Nest and your lacy creations for the garland swap!

Julie Marie said...

Oh my goodness... those are absolutely stunning!... xoxo Julie Marie

ANNE said...

oh so pretty! What a lovely idea :)

andrea@townandprairie said...

You always do such a good job with your trims! I put your trims on my little romantic tree this year, just like I said I would, and I mentioned you in the post. Thanks again, the trims loook great!!

Denise said...

Yesterday I mailed out your paper cake-Merry Christmas :)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Garland swap...what a terrific idea..Love he birdcage with the ornaments!