LIFE BEATS DOWN AND CRUSHES THE SOUL AND ART REMINDS YOU THAT YOU HAVE ONE. STELLA ADLER

Thursday, September 15, 2011

WHIMSY BIRD TAGS FOR BABY SHOWER

I have been busy with more baby shower activities. If you have been following along, my Figgy is having a baby girl in December.
I am a proud Nana that will be hosting a baby shower on October 8th.
I will be doing all of the decorations myself and other fun and whimsy stuff!
I have made bird tags to give all that attend as a thank you gift.
I started with an image of a beautiful bird from this book a friend gave to me earlier this summer. You can see that post here, the pages of birds in this book are truly amazing, take a peek!
I used this image for the bird on the tags. Using a large size tag I began to create. Starting with the tag I painted them three different colors, see picture of paints below. This paint is pearled. The photos are not picking up the pearl colors on the tags no matter what I do.
I then cut up miscellaneous pieces of vintage doily's and glued to the tag.
I included some of the leaves with the bird and glittered the pink flowers magenta.
I glued the bird to the doily. The bird has a real feather as a tail. I located flower type items from my stash of vintage trims and such and adhered these on along with a splash of trim along the bottom
I finished off the tag with a piece of long vintage lace, beige and pink for hanging. For a special touch I added a small twig that the bird rests on.
I had so much fun creating these little whimsy bird tags. I think they will go along nicely with our woodland whimsy pink and magenta theme don't you? Pretty pink and sweetness for a little baby girl!!!!
These little bird tags will be waiting for our guests in this pink paper bag. The bag will also consist of game papers and instructions and such for our games and drawings for fun prizes for all.
More whimsy shower preparations to come, stay tuned.
Thanks for stopping by.
Have a sunshine day.
Michele

No comments: