LIFE BEATS DOWN AND CRUSHES THE SOUL AND ART REMINDS YOU THAT YOU HAVE ONE. STELLA ADLER

Friday, June 10, 2011

FINISHED SUMMER PORCH

I finished the seasonal porch, finally!
I was sort of waiting for all of the pollen to get out of the area before I finished. I was not successful with that however. I have a dust rag that is not to far away....I have done a lot of rearranging of things from last year. You can see the post of the porch from last year here.
We love this outdoor space so much and do spend a lot of our time out here. We eat our meals and watch evening television out here.
You can see posts of "a week of vignettes" I created for the porch;
Mr. Nook and I purchased this vintage suitcase at a gigantic flea market we stopped at on our way home from The 1000 Islands.
This is my new tabletop centerpiece.
The old bottle I purchased for $1.00, a pot of my new found wheat grass, some old shoe polishing brushes and a wooden bird cage just to mention a few items. I have seen some vintage suitcases out in blog land and was so inspired by this, I just had to have one for myself. I do believe it is going to look awesome come fall time and for the winter holiday all decked out, what do you think??
The large tree and these small trees light up at night.
I think summer has Finally arrived.
I hope you have enjoyed our summer living space.
I am off to sit out there for the rest of the evening.
Thanks for stopping by.
Michele

9 comments:

Art From The heart said...

Looks lovely and so cozy. Nice job of decorating.
Hugs, Amy

Carla said...

Awesome awesome porch! I would spend all of my time there too! Congrats you did a fabulous job!

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

I love the comfort and calm this space evokes. Great job. I can definately see spending good quality time in this room.

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

I'm in love with your porch! i don't think I would ever leave :)
XO
Kristin

Lululiz said...

What a charming place to spend time in. I'd be quite happy sitting there for hours as well, it is gorgeous.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Well, I just finished visiting each of your seven porch vignettes. You must have had a blast creating them, Michele. I love, love, love birds, so any vignette you tucked a birdie into was my favorite. ;)

Thanks for visiting my cottage and for your sweet comment. Why don't you drop by again, and link this others will get to see your vignettes, as well.

By the way, I just joined you as a follower.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Your porch looks beautiful. Very inviting. Thanks for visiting my blog.

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

I think we would find ourselves out there ALL of the time as well - it really looks great & we love how you have it arranged :) Suitcase is a cute idea there...love your pharmacy bottle as well - what a deal! I have quite a few of them & have ALWAYS paid more that $1...so I'm jealous - lol!!

Gracefully Vintage said...

Love your display.. Love the flag blanket -just darling..
Great Blog..
Karryann