LIFE BEATS DOWN AND CRUSHES THE SOUL AND ART REMINDS YOU THAT YOU HAVE ONE. STELLA ADLER

Monday, May 16, 2011

A WEEK OF VIGNETTES #2

This is post #2 of my week of vignettes.
I am in the process of getting our screened in porch ready for the summer months (if it would stop raining I could finish).
Here is my second vignette to share.
The olde chair I have had for several years. I purchased this at our local auction house for $2.00, yup $2.00 bucks.
A large piece of drift wood, a piece of bark with the name of the island we live on. A very large pine cone and a jello mold full of sea (lake) glass. Notice the vintage piece of soda bottle glass?
Figgy and I love to go on the beach and search for glass and treasures. It is time to do this once again, once the lake level goes down some.
Another piece of bark with the name of the lake we live on.
All of my treasures are tucked into this large vine basket.
The vignette above the olde chair is from the first post, you can see that post here, see last years picture of the porch here, too.
Stayed tuned for another vignette tomorrow.
Thanks for stopping by.
Michele

1 comment:

Alison @Under the Big Oak Tree said...

I enjoyed looking at your vignettes from the week! I love all of the natural items mixed with vintage bits.

Growing up, mom always decorated with bits of driftwood, seaglass and shells tucked here and there.

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting me Under the Big Oak Tree