LIFE BEATS DOWN AND CRUSHES THE SOUL AND ART REMINDS YOU THAT YOU HAVE ONE. STELLA ADLER

Sunday, August 1, 2010

FESTIVAL OF THE ISLANDS (goodies found)

Yesterday was "Festival of the Islands" with business's offering up different things. On Isle La Motte the South End Cafe offered a free beverage if you mentioned Festival of the Islands. You can visit them on Facebook.  Hubby and I took off for the day to go to some yard sales, barn sales, etc. There were sales from Isle La Motte down through the islands to South Hero. Here are some of the goodies I found. This jar full of wine bottle corks and all of these magazines for $1.00. I love Country Living! At a church in South Hero in a barn I found these vintage checkers, they are made of wood. This antique steel item (I think is a donut or corn muffin dipper) see the $15.00 price tag, well this item was in the free pile. Through the years we have found treasures at this one barn sale.
Here is another sale we stopped at, no purchase here.
this was another yard sale stop, these antique cars were in the driveway so I took pictures.
This window I purchased, you will have to stay tuned for what my plan is for it in the very near future. I can't wait to get started. I will be bringing it to our Isle La Motte Farmer's Market in two weeks. You can visit us here for the farmer's market
I ONLY PAID $2.00 FOR IT, WHAT A DEAL!!!!!!!
At the same church barn sale, these were for sale for a donation I guess. Interesting??
This is a bike shop in Grand Isle, you can rent bikes here. The big white bike is their advertisment for the rental shop. They were having a yard sale, too.
I wanted to purchase this roulette wheel along with about a hundred others, they should of put a "not for sale" sign on it. I was visualizing this on our porch. I LOVE this.
Here is a bunch of vintage curtains and such, no finds here.
Here are more goodies for sale.
Well that was the shopping, I did also purchase some sheet music and some ribbon and vintage lace of course. A friend Ember, had a sale, she said she would put free on the rest of her goodies, maybe she will save me all the ribbon and lace for me, hint, hint. 
We had a great day treasure hunting, what did you do on your Saturday.
Thanks for stopping by.
Michele

No comments: