LIFE BEATS DOWN AND CRUSHES THE SOUL AND ART REMINDS YOU THAT YOU HAVE ONE. STELLA ADLER

Saturday, August 7, 2010

A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE ISLANDS, THE SIGHTS I SEE AND THE TREASURES I FOUND

This is what I stopped to take a picture of on my way off island this am for my trip to treasure hunt. Along my journey I had to stop to capture this photograph. Those are the Adirondack Mountains in the background.
Here are some of the treasures I found today. All of these vintage greeting cards were $1.00. I love vintage greeting cards, they are good for cutting and tearing and using in my collage projects. I also tear the front part off and use as a thank you card to send along with my etsy sales.
I just had to purchase this bag. When I saw it, it made me take a step back in time to when I was 15 or so. I had bags like this. I LOVE IT!!!!
At Grannie's Attic in South Hero I found this very old game board. I am not sure what I am going to do with it yet, I will keep you informed when I finish with it. I am thinking I will take it to the Farmer's Market this Friday to have in our booth along with our dog bandanas and dog treats. I am nearly finished with my antique window. I will do a post when that is done.
Last Thursay my friend (Dale) and I went shopping in Plattsburgh New York, Target had these on sale for .25 cents, YUP .25 cents each I said!! I will be collaging and putting in my Etsy shop when finished.
Here is the box of ribbons my friend Ember gave to me, (she took my hint and put them aside for me, thanks again Ember) I will look forward to putting them all away in my studio. I LOVE vintage ribbons and trims. I can't get enough. Here is the bag and some of the ribbons.
I also purchased ten (10) of these berry boxes. I have not a clue as to what I will do with them yet. They were .10 cents each. I may fill with greeting cards at the Farmer's Market or fill with cat balls, or dog treats, not sure just what yet. If you have any cleaver suggestions let me know.
Well these were my finds for today and my pictures along the way. I hope you enjoyed, and thanks for stopping by.
Michele

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THAT BOARD GAME LOOKS COOL...THE LAKE IS SO BEAUTIFUL. I MISS IT, AND YOU!