LIFE BEATS DOWN AND CRUSHES THE SOUL AND ART REMINDS YOU THAT YOU HAVE ONE. STELLA ADLER

Thursday, October 20, 2011

PINK FROGS, PINK MUSHROOMS AND SUCH

Here are some pics from our baby shower.
If you have been following along I have been posting for several weeks now the items I intended to creative for my Figgy's baby shower.
These are the pink and magenta acorns I painted.
These were a big hit with all the ladies...

You can double click on the pictures to get a closer look. Do you notice the pink frog in the center? These paper mache frogs I purchased at Michael's and painted them pink and magenta. I used boxes underneath the platters and flower arrangements to give them height. I used moss and a roll of burlap for the feel of woodland. I spread around tiny pine cones, the acorns and mini pinwheels, glittered mushrooms and of course the whimsical woodland felted baby animals.
The flower arrangements have cattails.

Baby woodland animals, Figgy made these.
The wheat grass plants and a woodland baby were gifts for our guests.
We also gave each guest a beautiful bird gift tag, you can see that post here.

Our glittered mushrooms.

Lovely balloons.

More babies.
The little baby girls that you see is the image from the invitation copied and cutout and glued onto a pink Popsicle stick.

The shower was a great success. I thought everything was just so beautiful (if I do say so).
I so enjoyed myself, creating all of these fun and whimsical items for my Figgy's special day.
Figgy gets to keep a lot of the items to help with the decorations for her baby girl's nursery, fitting don't you think?
63 more days to go ;)
Thanks for stopping by.
Michele

1 comment:

Art From The heart said...

Really beautiful creations. Must have been great fun!
Hugs