LIFE BEATS DOWN AND CRUSHES THE SOUL AND ART REMINDS YOU THAT YOU HAVE ONE. STELLA ADLER

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

BELIEVE

This is a gift for a friend.
I so love this image of these two little boys....
I have used it many times in the past in different projects.
Go here to see it in a halloween project, and here in a journal project, here on some tags, and here on another journal project (this one is a favorite).
This photograph I found in hubby's scrapbook he made back in grade school. Hubby says his mother gave it to him for the scrapbook and does not recall who these children are.
I have asked other family members, no one knows.
They sure do look like family members, but which ones??
Any how, I LOVE this photograph...I made a copy of the image and using a piece of a vintage holiday card I sewed them both onto a piece of wool. The snowman is a cutout from another greeting card as is the dog and cat.I made a santa hat for the wee little one and glued on some rusty old bells. (everyone knows I love rusty little bells)
I finished off the piece with a piece of holiday twine for hanging.
I enjoyed making this special gift.
"JUST BELIEVE"
Thanks for stopping by.
Michele

1 comment:

Vicki said...

This came out great. Love the little rusty bells you added. The boys are adorable.