LIFE BEATS DOWN AND CRUSHES THE SOUL AND ART REMINDS YOU THAT YOU HAVE ONE. STELLA ADLER

Friday, March 12, 2010

ROSES & BIRDS

Roses and birds were the inspiration for this journal.The image is of two children that my husband thinks are his brothers. They do look like family to me. I will send this post to one of them, we will see what happens. I will let you know the outcome later.
The journal is created with some of the following items; vintage lace stained with coffee, a yellow silk rose, stained with coffee with vintage lace and trims. The picture is framed out with an antique photograph mat. The rose is finished off with feathers and a domino piece. The background of the collage is vintage sheet music, stamped with keys, stars and the words "First Class Mail".
I enjoyed making this piece (journal) I have made other collaged items with this image, I love it!!!
The journal can be found in our etsy shop, here www.aclosetoftreasures.etsy.com
Thanks for stopping by.
Michele & Minyele

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really like this and how ever odd it may sound (putting a domino on) It really works it's a beautiful piece

Love dawn xx