LIFE BEATS DOWN AND CRUSHES THE SOUL AND ART REMINDS YOU THAT YOU HAVE ONE. STELLA ADLER

Sunday, November 13, 2011

A GIFT FROM THE WIND

I know I posted about these milk pods awhile back.
I just love these beautiful items of nature.
Here is a bunch of them in my back field. The wind will take the fluffy white seeds from the pods. All that will be left is empty pods on stems.
I have been watching this field of pods for a few days now. Once I can find some empty ones I will be doing some cutting. I have plans for these; paints, glitter and such, stay tuned.
I discovered this lone apple in the tree, do you notice the bite marks.
I believe a squirrel is walking out on the limb and having a little nibble.
This apple is the only one left on the entire tree.
Last night the wind blew, it blew all night long. This is what I found on the lawn this morning.
If you know me just a little, you know I love bird nests and birds.
Each nest is fascinating to me, made with care, made from different items. This one has a center of pine needles.
I will add this one to my collection.
Thanks for stopping by.
Michele

1 comment:

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Milk pods and glitter...I bet they will be amazing! I'm like you, just love it when I find bird nests...yours sure is pretty! They are so intricate...smart little things aren't they!