LIFE BEATS DOWN AND CRUSHES THE SOUL AND ART REMINDS YOU THAT YOU HAVE ONE. STELLA ADLER

Friday, November 26, 2010

VINTAGE INSPIRATION FRIDAY

WELCOME to "Vintage Inspiration Friday"
I would like to thank Debra at Common Ground for hosting the party. For the month of December all that wants to participate, will share what inspires them for the holiday. Be sure to go on over for a visit, you just may find something that inpires you.
I have also linked up with WhisperWood Cottage Decorating and Project Ideas.
I am having a bad back last few days, if not for that I would be starting my decorating. Here are some inexpensive items I purchased last week to use in some decorating ideas I have. Stay tuned!!!
The feathers I will be using to dress my dress form for the holiday. You can see more of that in this post.
The little bags I purchased at The Christmas Tree Shop for $1.00 each. I will be stuffing the bags with dried items, (see items below) and other fun picks. I will be doing one last craft show next Saturday, may bring a couple along. I will also be using the tissue paper (shredded) in the fabric bags and in a large nest I have on my coffee table.I will be making a small holiday nest with the vine wreaths. I found the music notes cloth ribbon at JoAnn's last week. I purchased the only two rolls left.
The cloth candycanes I also purchased, they were actually on a garland. I didn't care for it so I took them off of that and embellished with my own vintage lace and trims. I will use these in the large nest, typically like ornies.
I also plan on using fresh greenery tucked in here and there.
The wine tubes here were 40% off, about $2.00 each. I plan on collaging them with antique sheet music and filling them with dried items, a pick or two and finishing off with the music note ribbon.
These are some of the dried items I will be using. I got these over at my friend (Barb) house. The other day I was visiting some blogs that offer free vintage images. When I saw this one I fell in love.
This image is on my desktop.
This inspires me!!
Thanks for stopping by. Michele

8 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

OMG, I am in love with those candy canes, toooo awesome
Sorry you are having back problems but try to enjoy the decorating season.
Amy

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Lots of fun, inspiring goodies here! Hope your back is better soon!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

You have some great things to decorate with for Christmas. I hope you feel better soon. I would love for you to join my Holiday Decor party that starts on 12/15. I am looking forward to seeing all your decorations.
Hugs, Sherry
ps: Thanks for the kind comment on my Gratitude Journal post

Vicki said...

Lots of great inspiration here! I wish I had that music paper ribbon. I may need to stop at Joanns. Hope the back is feeling better! Thank you for entering my giveaway.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Lots of beautiful Christmas decor for you to play with:) Thanks for coming by and also for posting my OPEN HOUSE button.

Blessings,
Linda

Burlap Luxe said...

Thank you for your visits birls. What a great mother & daughter act over here! I will enjoy being inspired by all things you inspire.

See you soon girls!
xx
Dore

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

I wanted to stop in again and say thank you for posting my Holiday Decor Party button. Hope to see you there.
Hugs,
Sherry

very merry vintage style said...

Love the sheet music ribbon, I wonder if my JoAnn's has any? I'll be running out to check!