LIFE BEATS DOWN AND CRUSHES THE SOUL AND ART REMINDS YOU THAT YOU HAVE ONE. STELLA ADLER

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

HARVEST DRESS

"The Harvest Dress"
Back a week or so ago I purchased this dress form, you can see it here in this post.
The fabric I purchased is Christmas fabric. I just couldn't wait until the Christmas holiday to make a dress.
Thanksgiving is next week, so I decided to make a harvest dress.Using some simple muslin I made the skirt. The next layer of the skirt is a vintage table cloth all torn and tattered, just the way I like things. Using a piece left over from my bathroom curtains I made the blouse. Over the blouse is a vintage doily.
For accessories it has a hanky (purchased on my trip to New York City with Figgy) and a brown pin.
The dress has two belts; one made from wool trim, stamped with pocketwatches and stars and a green one using another piece of curtain.
Finishing off the dress is cattails, dried flowers, gold curly twigs and some apples.
Thanks for stopping by.
Michele

No comments: