LIFE BEATS DOWN AND CRUSHES THE SOUL AND ART REMINDS YOU THAT YOU HAVE ONE. STELLA ADLER

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I HAVE A NEW CRAFT SPACE

I LOVE my new craft space. This all started back a few weeks ago when I took part in a blog party, see my post here: http://nookcrannygifts.blogspot.com/2010/06/where-bloggers-create.html I needed to move my space from our basement livingroom area, my office area and this room combined. This is the final outcome. I NEED a chair now. There are two tables here for now. Hubby will build me a bar height work counter more toward fall time, this will have to do for now. As I mentioned in my other post I prefer to stand while creating.
In the green dresser I have more storage, vintage and antique greeting cards and post cards mostly.
I love to have my ribbons, lace and trims out where I can see them. I think they make fantastic decorations and I just love them around me.
I also love to look at my box of vintage sewing patterns and jugs and glass filled with my buttons. I also like to have some of our crafted items out as well, our magnets that are popular and other items I think are special.
Here is more shelf storage. See those magazines, right shelf, third shelf down, these are a few out of my collection of Somerset Studio Magazines. I SOOOOO LOVE these and I never get rid of any.
The crates on the floor hold my ephemera papers and all sorts of paper goodies in file folders so I can find paper items by category. This picture here is the last of the trash that hubby has hauled out. We have purged and scaled down to say the least. We had a yard sale, we heaved and we howed!! This is the final result and I am happy and most of all I can't wait to get creative in my new space. I have some new ideas for projects (I found things, you know) so I will look forward to all of this and all of that.
Thanks for stopping by.
Michele

1 comment:

EmmaBeanDesign said...

Mama,

I just love your craft space. Next time I come visit, I may never leave!! I feel the creative energy already!!!

Love,
Figgy