LIFE BEATS DOWN AND CRUSHES THE SOUL AND ART REMINDS YOU THAT YOU HAVE ONE. STELLA ADLER

Sunday, July 14, 2013

NEW BIRD TO THE YARD


Three of these birds showed up on the lawn the other day.
I had never seen these before so I quickly got my camera to take pics.
They are a little blurry, these were taken through the dining room window.


I quickly googled the bird and I think they are Flickers, a type of woodpecker.
These birds are beautiful, all their different markings and the red on the back of their heads is amazing.
You can see Internet photos here




I really hope I don't see much of them again, I would hate for them to make a home pecking at my house (log cabin) this would not be good.
Thanks for stopping by.
Michele

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They sure are flickers, we have them here where I live everywhere.