LIFE BEATS DOWN AND CRUSHES THE SOUL AND ART REMINDS YOU THAT YOU HAVE ONE. STELLA ADLER

Friday, April 29, 2011

THE BIRDS ARE BUSY

The birds are busy here this time of year. I've been watching a Robin trying to make her nest over a light fixture on the garage. She has been attempting for over a week now, I think she has finally finished. I would take a picture but I can't get to it that well.
The crows/ravens we have around here are very large.
Can you guess what kind of baby bird this is?
I will tell you at end of post.
Beautiful morning dove.
If I were a bird I would probably visit this large motel.
These are two woodpeckers. I have had this photograph for a few years now. I took this picture, framed it and had it in our bedroom for quite a few months. One day I discovered there are two birds in this picture. I was delighted to say the least. I believe he is flirting with her...
BEAUTIFUL nest.
This Robin is busy making her nest. She has found some blue twine that we use to tie up limbs that may break during the winter months. The birds have been using this blue twine for many years now.
Another black bird. These birds have the keenest hearing, it is very difficult to get pictures of them.
I love, love to decorate my home with birds, bird nests and ducks. This wooden duck is actually a Loon. Notice the bird house?? I love to tuck little resin birds into things. I am linking up to the following parties today. You can find the links on the right side of my blog, just click on the button and it will take you right there. Go on over and visit a few you just may find some sort of fun inspiration there.
I THANK all hostess's.
(the baby bird is a Red Cardinal)
Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Feathered Nest Friday at My Country Cottage
Have a great weekend
Michele

3 comments:

Art From The heart said...

I love birds too...great photos.
Amy

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

I love all the bird photos. Thanks for sharing such a wide variety.

Anonymous said...

Your bird photos are so beautiful. I knew that baby bird was a cardinal only because for years many generations of them have taken our dog's food and fed it to their young right in front of our dog. Luckily King just accepts them as part of his world and he just watches them. You are so luck to get so close to them with your camera. Wow! Thank you for sharing.