LIFE BEATS DOWN AND CRUSHES THE SOUL AND ART REMINDS YOU THAT YOU HAVE ONE. STELLA ADLER

Monday, December 28, 2009

MORE OF OUR HOME PHOTOS

Welcome, this is one of a few hornet nests we have been fortunate enough to find in the fall months. It sits up on an old roof ledge on our big screened in porch next to an old apple picking ladder. This is an arrangement in part that was used at my daughters wedding over three years ago. My husband and her husband made the wooden container. It is full of twigs with some red lights and an antique yard stick. This is an area that has two antique chairs, again from our local auction, I think I paid $3.00 for both chairs, great deal hah?? Some silk flowers, antique gas can, tea kettle, acorns and other misc goodies tucked in here. I love these little corners, one never knows what they may find. This is a large rooster my family purchased for me one Christmas, right away the tail got broken, I saved it regardless, I have tucked it in this little corner, noone knows that tail is broken.
This area is inside the house. The antique snowshoe belonged to my father inlaw. My husband turned it into a lamp for the wall. Hanging from the lamp is an antique fishing basket from my Aunt Ida's camp with the famous sign that reads keep away. Also is a wooden plaque with the Anglers Prayer also from Aunt Ida's camp. I love this area!!! As you may notice, I love to make groupings of items. And I also love everything outdoors, antique and adirondak themed.
Thanks for stopping by.
Michele & Minyele

No comments: