LIFE BEATS DOWN AND CRUSHES THE SOUL AND ART REMINDS YOU THAT YOU HAVE ONE. STELLA ADLER

Friday, July 13, 2012

WELCOME TO MY STUDIO-WHERE BLOGGERS CREATE

Welcome to my studio, I am glad you stopped by.
I would like to start off by thanking Karen from My Dessert Cottage for hosting this
"WHERE BLOGGERS CREATE PARTY"
If you would like to see tons and tons of other studios, craft rooms, special spaces, etc., go on over there for a list of blogs to visit.  I promise you, you will have a fantastic time.
I would like to start off my tour with a few examples of my art work, a peak at what I do in my studio.
Not only do I create in my studio, I love, love to collect things as well and this is where I keep all of my most loved/treasured things.





I love to collect vintage greeting cards.  This is a drawer full in a green dresser I have.  I love to sift through these every so often, and I also use a lot of them to send thank you notes to my swap partners.  I do love a good swap!!



 I love vintage sewing patterns, these are kept in an old wooden box.
 Do you notice the picture of the little dancer?  Well I had one just like it when I was a little girl.  I found this a few years ago at a yard sale, I was so tickled.






 If you follow my blog you know that I love vintage lace, I can't get enough of it, I am a hoarder of lace and trims, there I admit it....






 I also love tulle and organza ribbons.



 I love birds and old books.



I specially love big black birds, ravens if you will.
We have a lot of these birds around our house.
I have used this image of these children in a few of my creations.  This photo makes for great Halloween items.






 A wooden tray holds random pieces of ephemera, tags, envelopes, etc.  I like to have these pieces handy, one never knows what/where I will use a piece of paper.



 My studio has three walls of shelves.  When we moved into this house we turned this bedroom into a very large closet/storage room for our log cabin has no closets.  After a few years we turned this into my studio and we left the shelves, works great for me.



 A wooden cheese box full of art items I have received from swaps.  I save every single one.



 A little more of my art items.



Hat boxes that store more vintage lace and trims.



 More old books and my sewing machine.





 This is a treasure, I love this so much.
My Figgy (daughter) gave this to me many years ago for Mother's Day









Working supplies.



 More supplies and trinkets and such.



 This is a shot from in the doorway.



I love random goofy things like these pink glasses.
I am waiting to wear them with my Lil O (granddaughter) for dress-up



 I purchased this Singer Sewing Machine tray from a yard sale a few weeks ago.



 This wooden tray I use to gather items as a create and clean around for my next project that is coming up, always thinking ahead.






 I love, love clothes pins.  This is a basket full, ready to be used in a project, to hold papers together, or just thrown in a box for a swap partner



 A box full of vintage and antique doily's



A basket full of random vintage and antique materials, baby clothes, table clothes, vintage aprons, etc.



 A large lamp shade used to store vintage table runners.
Every single woman should be lucky enough to have such a space just to call her own.  To collect the little treasures she wants to, to create what ever her heart thinks of, or to just sit and relax and admire what is hers.
Thanks for stopping by.
Michele

44 comments:

Kathy said...

We are not lace horders - we are lace rescuers! 8+) Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful space!

Susan said...

I love lace and linens! Your space is great, thanks for sharing. Susan

Doni said...

Looks like we have a lot of the same tastes! LOVE LOVE LOVE your laces and trims!!!
Thanks so much for sharing your great space for the party!
Blessings, Doni

JoAnne said...

Love it all Michele! It's a wonderful space...xoxo

deb said...

Awesome space!
*hugs*deb

Eva Agnes said...

Dear me, this is such a colourful and rich place you work in.
Wonderful!
Hugs
Eva Agnes

Blessed Serendipity said...

Hi Michele,
What a lovely space to call your own. I love your collections and lace and linens. All your items are lovingly displayed. Thanks so much for visiting me for WBC.

blessings,
Danielle

Anonymous said...

HI Michele!

Thanks so much for sharing your studio space with us and all of your lovely collections. It's been so much fun hopping around today visiting all of the blog links on Karen's site.

Visit with me if you'd like, this is my first year joining in on all of the fun.



Ciao Bella
Creative Carmelina

The Feathered Nest said...

Michele, your studio is just wonderful!!! It's filled with so much vintage goodness...I love it all! xxoo, Dawn

Anonymous said...

Never can have too much lace or linens!!! Fun space- thank you for sharing your creative space!
Hope you might come by and see my new space!

bee blessed
mary

JoeyLea said...

Oh it is just lovely! Karen also designed my blog and I just love seeing all of these wonderful spaces. Am hoping to participate next year, just couldn't pull it off this year. Love the vintage laces. Don't they just speak their own language?
Happy inspiration,
JoeyLea

ANNE said...

what a lovely space with so many pretty things! Thanks for sharing it xox

Geralyn Gray said...

I love old greeting cards and swaps too.......love every nook and cranny of your space too!!!!

fairyrocks said...

You are delightfully organized, I am fairly drooling over your wonderful millinery's. Thanks so much for stopping by, PS, the butterflys on my floor are actually just a digital overlay I did. But I am thinking of actually stenciling some in.
Keep smiling and creating

Beth said...

You have many beautiful items, Michele, and they are beautifully displayed. I love your space and thank you for sharing it!
Beth

A China Cupcake said...

I love your studio and art space . This is a
reflection of your artistic creations .
I loved your burlap vintage and bling snippets .
Are you a professional photographer ?
Your photography and a compositions of the
individual spaces are obviously from a trained
eye. I wish I could be better at photographing
my own work. I just bought a Canon g12 but I don't
know how to use it yet . I hope to learn from
visiting today .I loved your studio and work.
Pat Beglin

Maureen said...

Love, love, love all the tiny trinkets and antique items! So much to see... the doilies, cloths and birds!

EllenaElizabeth said...

I love your studio. It's filled with love and pretty things. Thanks for sharing it with us at WBC 2012

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Such beautiful 'lil things all around... thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Spencer

Lynette Killam said...

Oh, your treasures are delightful, Michelle! I also love vintage cards, patterns and lace...can never get enough. And you have everything displayed beautifully...I so enjoyed this visit.

And thanks for stopping by my place...:)

Cindy said...

Such fun to be surrounded by fun textures and colours! I love your comfy space! Thanks for sharing and for you lovely comments at my blog! Cindy :)

bobbie said...

WOW ~ I thought I had a lot of shelving!! and I'm drooling over your laces...

Thank you for stopping by my blog ~ you can love Mr. Depp all you want ~ I just keep him around for eye candy!!!
;)))

Tammy said...

That was a fun tour and great photos! You shouldn't wait to wear those fabulous pink sunglasses! :)

Rita Barakat said...

I agree! We all need a special place to create and house all our little trinkets and treasures! I think I could spend hours in your beautiful space and never see everything there is to see!

June said...

An amazing place to create and dream! I am so glad to have stopped by to see it!

Shell said...

I'm a lace gal,,,,,,and a ribbon gal
Love all your Vintage goodness and I love that everything isn't shoved into plastic containers. Just my Style!

Thanks for Sharing!
Hugs,
Shell

marie said...

Lace, linens, greeting cards and birds...all favorites of mine too! What fun to look at all the treasures in your creative space!! Thank you for sharing it with us!

cathy @ ma vie trouvee said...

Oh yes - how we all love lace! What a wonderful colection you have. I could play in your space for hours - and I am sure you do!

JoeyLea said...

You just gained another follower:) Feel free to check out my blog as well - am hoping to participate in WBC next year - just couldn't pull it off this year. I have the same dancer girl picture. I also got it at a yard sale. It was in my daughter's room when she was little. I love your space - with everything visable so you can actually see what you have to work with. Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us.

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Thanks for sharing all your wonderful photos. Awesome craft room! New Follower.

Jody

The Painted Garden said...

Hi Michele.

It is so nice to meet you and thank you for your nice comments about my blog. Your blog is charming, fun and very pretty - love all of the ways you display your special finds and love the name of your blog.
Have a creative day.
Blessings,
Erin

Holly Loves Art said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Just love yours and all your special things. Yes... it is indeed so wonderful to have a creative space we can call our own.

Sandy said...

Thank you for sharing your super inspiring studio space. I love all the vintage goodness here!

EmmaBeanDesign said...

Wishing for my own space like yours - will you help me decorate it?!

Anonymous said...

Michele what a great space you have and oh, so much yummy supplies to create with!! Love the victorian prints I saw on the wall in one of your photos and all the little cute things around!

bee blessed
mary

awal.ny said...

What great creative stuff you have to work with. Love all the little details.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

You are surrounded by such lovely things, Michele! I would love a day to just go through your laces and baskets. You've got some wonderful things on display, too. Always nice to have things we love to look at around us while we create. Thanks so much for sharing your tour!

Karen Valentine said...

Hi Michelle! Maybe we should start a lace hoarders anonymous support group!!! You and I can be the founding members!!! LOL! It was so fun to peak into your studio and see all the wonderful things you collect. Thank you so much for joining the party!!!

Kadee Willow said...

You had me at the photo of the cow in your blog header.... I melt at the sight of cows! Call me crazy but they are such sweet creatures! And then you hooked me with your love of vintage linens and laces... can't get enough of them, is right! The clothes pins are another favorite of mine and I love the sweet button you have attached on yours. My goodness..... such common bonds! Thanks for sharing your space and I would love to have you over to mine for a visit. I think you would enjoy a slice of my apple cake...!!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

What a lovely treasure trove and special place to create! So glad you came by to visit too! Thank you for sharing your space!

Jenny said...

Yup looks like you have many treasures. Thanks for sharing - love all the vintage lace and birdies. I gonna try and use your trick to begin to prepare for an upcoming project - love that. Take care.

Jenny

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful space with us!!!

Maureen Hayes said...

I wish I had a space to collect and create, you are very lucky. Your is particularly beautiful between the lovely items you collect and those that you make!

Thank you for sharing your space with all of us.

Something Special said...

Michele, looks like you have everything you could possible need for your creative mind. I am sorry I did not get to your studio for a visit last month. It has taken me a longt time to get to everyone's studio posts. I love your birds and just all your beautiful piles of gorgeous vintage stuff to work with.