LIFE BEATS DOWN AND CRUSHES THE SOUL AND ART REMINDS YOU THAT YOU HAVE ONE. STELLA ADLER

Sunday, May 23, 2010

AUCTION FINDS

My friend Pam and I spent the afternoon at the local auction while the boyfriends fished for the big one in a fishing derby. I bid on the Aunt Dinah box but in my frugalness I let it slip away. Oh well, maybe next time. Here are some of my finds for the day. I loved this old rusty truck as soon as I saw it. I waited with much patience for it to come up. I would like to build a wooden box for the back of the truck. I so love this truck.
I purchased an old photograph album of someone's ancestors. Who gets rid of this stuff anyways?? I wanted to show you some of the fantastic pages, look at the boarders, I love it. I will be doing some journals with parts from this album using the boards and such. I can't wait to start crafting. Look for them in our etsy shop http://aclosetoftreasures.etsy.com and our blog shoppe http://aclosetoftreasures.blogspot.com.
This item is a cabbage cutter. Will find a place in my kitchen in the next few days.
Here is more of the album and my newest ancestors.
I hope you enjoyed the finds from the auction.
Thanks for stopping by.
Michele & Minyele

No comments: