LIFE BEATS DOWN AND CRUSHES THE SOUL AND ART REMINDS YOU THAT YOU HAVE ONE. STELLA ADLER

Friday, April 3, 2009

Church Rummage Sale

It's beginning to be that time of year again, when churches and other organizations start having rummage and tag sales. There are even some yard sales posted in the classifieds. I just love this time of year! You can see it in thrift shoppers' eyes, the thrill of the hunt and the joy of finding a treasure, but most importantly, a treasure at a great deal!! I found a few good treasures at the rummage sale I attended today. I got there about 20 mins after they opened. I saw women walking out with large bags, that's when my heart started to beat with excitment and then anxiety that I should have come earlier and might have missed out on some good finds. I entered the church and found the sale to be small, but having a variety of goods (mostly clothes - unfortunately!). First searching through the games: no luck, then the household goods: no luck, linens: no luck, however I did score a cute frame, a halloween craft kit and a boyds bear. Not much for the supply store, but some great things I can repurpose for the craft store. Tomorrow is my first yard sale of the season. With cash in hand, I hope to find something grand!! Watch Out People - I'm shopping here!!

No comments: