LIFE BEATS DOWN AND CRUSHES THE SOUL AND ART REMINDS YOU THAT YOU HAVE ONE. STELLA ADLER

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

PINK CRAYON ANOTHER STORY FROM "REMINISCE" MAGAZINE

Another little article from my favorite magazine.
"She was in the pink"

In 1929, when I was 8,  my mother bought my brother and me each a big box of crayons, with extra shades such as lime green, maroon and lavender.
Best of all, there was pink.  Oh, how I loved that pink crayon.  I liked to touch and smell it, but best of all, just hold it and look at it.
I never used the pink crayon.  At the end of the school year, when we took home our school supplies, our crayons were broken nubbins, except for my pink one.
Then I saw that my brother's pink crayon was also unused.  I told him I kept my pink crayon like new because it was my favorite.
He said he didn't use his because he didn't like pink, and anyway, there was never anything to color pink.  Then he gave it to me.
Oh, joy! I colored pink all summer.  And pink is still my favorite color.
(Charlotte Shane, Chillicothe, Illinois)

No comments: